How to Find the Best Kratom Capsules
The best kratom capsules are not always bought online or in stores. Some individuals opt to make their own capsules. This is a very rewarding process that will allow you to know exactly what is going into your capsule.
In this guide, we will discuss the various strains, veins, how to source the best kratom products, as well as the steps to make your own kratom capsules.
Finding The Best Kratom Capsules For You
When you are looking for the best kratom capsules you will want to consider the strains that you are using. Some of the best include White Maeng Da, Red Bali, and Red Malay. However, as a beginner, you may have to try several different strains before finding the perfect match.
Strains and Veins
To understand the different strains of kratom on the market, you must first learn about kratom’s origins. Kratom products are derived from the harvested and dried leaves of the Mitragyna speciosa trees native to Southeast Asia. Members of the coffee tree family, Mitragyna speciosa trees prosper in humid, tropical climates. Kratom farmers carefully inspect the leaves of these trees, selecting kratom leaves that are at their ideal maturity for the intended strain they are manufacturing.
All kratom strains essentially fall into four broad categories, depending on the kratom vein colors:
- White kratom strains
- Green kratom strains
- Red kratom strains
- Yellow kratom strains
The vein color will depend on when the kratom leaves were harvested. Kratom products will typically be labeled according to their vein color as well as where it originates from.
White vein kratom is harvested early in the leaves’ life cycle. The leave’s veins are light and appear white at this point. Kratom leaves that are harvested early typically do not have high levels of alkaloids, which accounts for why white vein kratom is commonly considered to be milder when it comes to potency levels.
A popular choice among kratom users, green kratom strains are found when kratom farmers harvest from Mitragyna speciosa trees that are mid-way through their life cycle. Green kratom veins are easy to obtain for consumers and kratom farmers alike, and therefore are prominent in kratom shops. Because the leaves used in green kratom strains are more mature, green strains will be more potent than white veined kratom.
Looking for kratom that packs a punch? Red kratom strains are achieved when kratom farmers harvest kratom leaves later in their life cycle. By giving the kratom time to mature, its alkaloid content increases, making it one of the most potent forms of kratom on the market. If you are looking for the best kratom capsules and want a potent product, you should check out Red Borneo or Red Maeng Da capsules.
Within the kratom community, there is some debate on whether yellow kratom occurs within the kratom leaves’ life at all. Many kratom vendors create yellow (sometimes called gold) kratom by blending the other colors of kratom strains to create this vein color. When gold kratom is manufactured with the other strains, the result is often a balanced product that promotes well-being in users.
Kratom Capsules vs. Powder: Which Is Right for You?
Traditionally, kratom is taken either as a capsule or in powder form. Capsules tend to be a convenient choice and that is why they are one of the most popular forms of kratom. There is no right or wrong answer when it comes down to kratom powders or capsules. It is a personal preference that you will have to make.
BONUS DIY TIPS: How to Make Kratom Capsules
Have you already purchased kratom powder? If you want to give kratom capsules a try, maybe you want to make your own before you commit to ordering kratom capsules online. You’re in luck. Here’s a list of what you’ll need to make your kratom capsules!
What You Will Need
First things first, you’re going to need some supplies to make your kratom capsules appropriately. Be sure you have
- Empty capsules or gel caps (available online in many sizes, according to your needs)
- A capsule holder/filler
- A tool to tamper and pack the loose kratom powder
- Parchment paper or tin foil
- A scale
- A container in which to hold your kratom for weighing
- Kratom powder
Steps For Making Your Own Kratom Capsules
- Take the top halves off of all the empty capsules you have purchased and set them to the side.
- Place the bottom halves of the empty capsules into the designated location on your capsule filler machine and adjust its height settings according to your needs.
- Set your machine to remain in place, holding the empty capsule halves.
- Measure your kratom. If you have 50 capsules and want to fill each with 1 gram of kratom, you should measure out 50 grams initially.
- Put approximately half of the powder you want each capsule to have in the empty capsule. For 1 gram of kratom per capsule, measure out roughly 0.5 grams and place it inside the empty vessel.
- Using an item with a straight edge, like a card, make sure to move the kratom powder across the empty capsule until all gaps are filled. Think of measuring flour or another ingredient. You want the measuring cup (or, in this case, the empty capsule) to have the ingredient flat before you proceed.
- Use your tampering device to pack the loose kratom powder into the capsule’s shell.
- Continue to add kratom powder, fill the empty capsules’ gaps, and tamper (steps 5 through 7) until the capsule is full.
- Put the tops of the empty capsules back on. Do so gently to avoid losing much of your kratom powder. When the capsules are secure, you should feel them click into place. Ensure that each kratom capsule is tightly attached before continuing.
- Remove the kratom capsules. You may feel the urge to dump the capsules out of the holder and deal with them from there, but this could leave you having to clean up a bit of a mess with whatever leftover loose powder is around the device. Instead, take them out by hand and place them inside a bag or container to store until use.
You may want to choose to use trusted quality kratom powder to create your capsules at home. Another easy alternative is, of course, finding an accredited retailer and purchasing their kratom capsules directly. As always, check with your general practitioner before buying any new substance.