The best kratom capsules are not always bought online or in stores. Some individuals opt to make their own capsules. This is a very rewarding process that will allow you to know exactly what is going into your capsule. In this guide, we will discuss the various strains, veins, how to source the best kratom products, as well as the steps to make your own kratom capsules.
Keep in mind that you need to consult with a medical physician before purchasing kratom. You never want to buy an herb or supplement that could interact with medications you are on or medical conditions that you are being treated for. Consulting with your physician will allow you the chance to find a supplement or herb that can provide you with the support you are seeking.
Where To Find The Best Kratom Capsules
You should be able to source kratom in a variety of shops. However, you have to keep in mind that you only want to buy high-quality kratom. So, a lot of people opt to purchase their kratom capsules online. Look for vendors who are approved by the American Kratom Association. This is a good benchmark when trying to source a vendor.
The AKA has put together guidelines for vendors to comply with. In those guidelines’ vendors must conduct lab testing on their products. This ensures that there are no impurities or contaminants within their products.
Aside from buying kratom capsules online, you can also source them locally. It will all depend on your area and what is offered. Check out the local shops below that may offer kratom. Not all shops will offer the same products so it will depend on the demand for kratom in your area.
- Smoke Shops – A smoke shop would offer the same things as a vape and tobacco shop do. They typically will only have a few strains of kratom for you to try. A lot of smoke shops will offer both kratom powders and capsules. Some may even offer kratom extracts.
- Vape Shops – There is no difference between smoke shops, tobacco shops, and vape shops. They all sell the same things. You may find that your local vape shops offer kratom in powders and capsules but only in a few select strains.
- Tobacco Shops – Tobacco shops are very similar to vape and smoke shops. So, you can expect to find kratom here but the offerings may be limited. Since these shops do not specialize in kratom their offerings will not be as good as what you find in specialty/herbal shops.
- Herbal Shops – Herbal shops will offer a larger variety of kratom strains. The quality of their kratom tends to be much higher than what you will find in other local shops. So, if you are lucky enough to have an herbal shop in your area, you will want to source your kratom through them.
- Gas Stations – Some gas stations will offer kratom. However, you want to be extremely cautious when buying kratom from a gas station. The quality will not be as good as it is through other shops. Most gas stations only offer kratom when there are no other shops around that offer it.
- Kratom Bars – Kratom and kava bars are starting to become more popular. However, they are typically only found in populated cities. So, chances are you may not have one in your area.
Tips For Choosing The Best Kratom Capsules
When you are looking for the best kratom capsules you will want to consider the strains that you are using. Some of the best include White Maeng Da, Red Bali, and Red Malay. However, as a beginner, you may have to try several different strains before finding the perfect match.
We never suggest buying kratom capsules, powders, or extracts without first consulting with your regular physician. They are the only ones who can advise you on herbs and supplements. They will be aware of your past and present medical history, as well as what medications you are on. We cannot provide any suggestions on strains or dosage. These types of things must be discussed with your doctor. If kratom is not a good fit for you they will be able to make a recommendation of other supplements or herbs that can provide the support you are looking for.
Strains and Veins
To understand the different strains of kratom on the market, you must first learn about kratom’s origins. Kratom products are derived from the harvested and dried leaves of the Mitragyna speciosa trees native to Southeast Asia. Members of the coffee tree family, Mitragyna speciosa trees prosper in humid, tropical climates. Kratom farmers carefully inspect the leaves of these trees, selecting kratom leaves that are at their ideal maturity for the intended strain they are manufacturing.
All kratom strains essentially fall into four broad categories, depending on the kratom vein colors:
- White kratom strains
- Green kratom strains
- Red kratom strains
- Yellow kratom strains
The vein color will depend on when the kratom leaves were harvested. Kratom products will typically be labeled according to their vein color as well as where it originates from.
White Vein Kratom
White vein kratom is harvested early in the leaves’ life cycle. The leave’s veins are light and appear white at this point. Kratom leaves that are harvested early typically do not have high levels of alkaloids, which accounts for why white vein kratom is commonly considered to be milder when it comes to potency levels.
Green Vein Kratom
A popular choice among kratom users, green kratom strains are found when kratom farmers harvest from Mitragyna speciosa trees that are mid-way through their life cycle. Green kratom veins are easy to obtain for consumers and kratom farmers alike, and therefore are prominent in kratom shops. Because the leaves used in green kratom strains are more mature, green strains will be more potent than white veined kratom.
Red Vein Kratom
Looking for kratom that packs a punch? Red kratom strains are achieved when kratom farmers harvest kratom leaves later in their life cycle. By giving the kratom time to mature, its alkaloid content increases, making it one of the most potent forms of kratom on the market. If you are looking for the best kratom capsules and want a potent product, you should check out Red Borneo or Red Maeng Da capsules.
Yellow Vein Kratom
Within the kratom community, there is some debate on whether yellow kratom occurs within the kratom leaves’ life at all. Many kratom vendors create yellow (sometimes called gold) kratom by blending the other colors of kratom strains to create this vein color. When gold kratom is manufactured with the other strains, the result is often a balanced product that promotes well-being in users.
Kratom Capsules vs. Powder: Which Is Right for You?
Traditionally, kratom is offered in powders or capsules. Capsules tend to be a convenient choice and that is why they are one of the most popular forms of kratom. There is no right or wrong answer when it comes down to kratom powders or capsules. It is a personal preference that you will have to make.
BONUS DIY TIPS: How to Make Kratom Capsules
Have you already purchased kratom powder? If you want to give kratom capsules a try, maybe you want to make your own before you commit to ordering kratom capsules online. You’re in luck. Here’s a list of what you’ll need to make your kratom capsules!
What You Will Need
- Empty capsules or gel caps (available online in many sizes, according to your needs)
- A capsule holder/filler
- A tool to tamper and pack the loose kratom powder
- Parchment paper or tin foil
- A scale
- A container in which to hold your kratom for weighing
- Kratom powder
Steps For Making Your Own Kratom Capsules
- Take the top halves off of all the empty capsules you have purchased and set them to the side.
- Place the bottom halves of the empty capsules into the designated location on your capsule filler machine and adjust its height settings according to your needs.
- Set your machine to remain in place, holding the empty capsule halves.
- Measure your kratom. If you have 50 capsules and want to fill each with 1 gram of kratom, you should measure out 50 grams initially.
- Put approximately half of the powder you want each capsule to have in the empty capsule. For 1 gram of kratom per capsule, measure out roughly 0.5 grams and place it inside the empty vessel.
- Using an item with a straight edge, like a card, make sure to move the kratom powder across the empty capsule until all gaps are filled. Think of measuring flour or another ingredient. You want the measuring cup (or, in this case, the empty capsule) to have the ingredient flat before you proceed.
- Use your tampering device to pack the loose kratom powder into the capsule’s shell.
- Continue to add kratom powder, fill the empty capsules’ gaps, and tamper (steps 5 through 7) until the capsule is full.
- Put the tops of the empty capsules back on. Do so gently to avoid losing any of your kratom powder. When the capsules are secure, you should feel them click into place. Ensure that each kratom capsule is tightly attached before continuing.
- Remove the kratom capsules. You may feel the urge to dump the capsules out of the holder and deal with them from there, but this could leave you having to clean up a bit of a mess with whatever leftover loose powder is around the device. Instead, take them out by hand and place them inside a bag or container to store until use.
You may want to choose to use trusted quality kratom powder to create your capsules at home. Another easy alternative is, of course, finding an accredited retailer and purchasing their kratom capsules directly. As always, check with your general practitioner before buying any new substance. Now you are armed with the knowledge of how to find the best kratom capsules. Let us know if you have any questions.